Hey, there! Aren’t you that skilled technical writer who got bored of writing the same documentation over and over again? Yeah, I thought I recognized you. Well my friend, maybe we can help each other out. Ever heard of Modex? We are a software development company that focuses on a relative newcomer to the tech scene: blockchain technology. Our focus is primarily oriented towards delivering enterprise-grade blockchain software solutions.
This is where you come in. We are looking for someone of your caliber to fill in the shoes of the technical writer at a fast growing company. More specifically, we are looking for someone who balances technical prowess with a highly dexterous pen to create, write, edit, and maintain the documentation for Modex products.
Why would you join the purple side? Well, we have a multifaceted team of young professionals that are eager to show the world what you can really do with the new technologies, working remotely is not a problem, the money is pretty good, and most importantly we have good coffee and a million dollar view. So, if you’re interested, take a shot!
- The primary responsibility of the Technical Writer is to create and/or edit technical documentation and to maintain documentation for Modex’s products.
- This role will be great for those people who finished a technical/computer science university and are not interested in working as a programmer.
- Identifying in advance the documentation needs, based on the product release schedule;
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements;
- Gathering more information from reading reports and directly using the Product;
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities;
- Building and maintaining business and technical documentation guides using Google Suite, Wiki, etc;
- Communicating information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing;
- Performing quality checks on other deliverables and ensure the quality of own work before publishing;
- Publishing documentation in correspondence with established guidelines;
- Maintaining technical documentation written by developers to be easily understand by the whole team;
- Creating and maintaining the information architecture;
- Creating tutorials to help people use Modex’s products.
- Technical background is a real plus;
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation;
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures;
- Possesses excellent written skills in English to be able to communicate clearly and concisely with a keen eye for document design;
- Good working knowledge of Office applications, Wiki, Confluence and also HTML and CSS;
- Self-starter and ability to work independently;
- Flexible/adaptable with ability to set and manage multiple priorities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.